Legal Note: The only legal binding language of these Terms and Conditions of Use is Danish and even though there may be translations of these Terms and Conditions into languages other than Danish, the Danish version shall be the definitive and binding version and Danish shall be the only language used in the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions.
The following terms and conditions of use for the internet platforms “www.sqadia.com”, “www.sqadia.dk”, "www.manan.dk", "www.mananlearningsolutions.com" and "www.mananls.com" by the company Manan Learning Solutions ApS, DK35811036, Copenhagen, Denmark, hereafter referred to as "MLS", form the basis of use of the internet platform and the services offered on it insofar as they require registration. The here specified "small print" enables not just our but also your (hereafter referred to as “you” or “user”) protection and provides an important foundation for a secure and safe use of our services. We therefore ask for your understanding that the use of our services is possible solely on the basis of the following terms and conditions.
I. Scope of Validity and Contractual Agreement
1. These terms and conditions shall apply to all internet services requiring registration by MLS, which are accessible via the URLs www.sqadia.com, www.sqadia.dk, www.manan.dk, www.mananlearningsolutions.com and www.mananls.com, hereafter referred as "MLS Platforms". If you register with MLS as a member, you have to consent to these terms and conditions. After giving your consent and finishing registration, a legally binding contract comes into effect between you and MLS, based on these terms and conditions. MLS delivers its services exclusively based on these terms and conditions.
2. Authoritative is the version of terms and conditions current at the time of conclusion of the contract. You will be notified of these in the course of the registration.
3. These terms and conditions also apply when you use services offered from other websites that provide access to these services in full or in part.
4. In addition to the terms and conditions there may be, depending on the type of use or status of the user, further contractual agreements. In case there are further agreements for the use of a MLS service, it will be clearly indicated where such agreements apply. In the event of contradictions between the regulations of these terms and conditions and the regulations in additional agreements, the latter have priority.
5. In addition to the access to the content on MLS Platforms, there are several functions available to the user, e.g. comments of users, revision notes, tags and similar (hereafter referred to as “user content”).
II. Registration with MLS
1. Most of MLS services can only be accessed if you register. The registration as “general user” results from opening a user account, which requires your consent to these terms and conditions. Underage users need to send a written consent form signed by their parent or legal guardian to MLS (see preamble for company information) prior to their registration.
2. The registration with MLS is free of charge.
3. For the use and execution of the offered services, MLS has permission to obtain, store, process and use certain personal data of the user. Handling of your data is always carried out according to statutory regulations. More information about data protection in connection with the services offered by MLS can be found in our Data Privacy Statement.
4. During your registration you are obliged to provide truthful and complete details and to keep these details up-to-date. After your registration you will receive a confirmation e-mail to the e-mail address you provided us with. Through clicking on the link specified in the e-mail you confirm the truthfulness of the details given by you and complete the registration. MLS will send you any notifications specified in the terms and conditions (e.g. changes in the terms and conditions, cancellation of access etc.) to the e-mail address provided by you.
5. You must keep your access details secret all the time. You are solely responsible for any activities that are undertaken via your user account (more information see fig. V and VII).
6. MLS reserves the right to decline registration requests. In this case, MLS can inform you via e-mail about the reasons for the decline; though it is not obliged to do so.
III. Services Offered by MLS, Utilization of Content
1. MLS provides an internet platform on which educational content covering various topic categories in the form of videos, screencasts and documents or in other forms (“educational content”) is offered and can be accessed.
2. The services and educational content offered by MLS are provided partly free of charge and partly requiring payment. Offers requiring payment are always clearly indicated.
3. The content offered on MLS Platforms, regardless whether it is user content or educational content, is only to be used by registered users for their own purpose according to the contractual agreements, meaning online on MLS Platforms or by other MLS provided mediums. A download by the user outside of the ways provided by MLS is illegal, no matter for what purpose. If content is available for download, the download is only allowed consistent with the communicated terms and conditions (e.g. payment) and is not allowed to be copied, used beyond the scope of the terms or assigned to third parties. The right to download does not imply a transfer or concession of intellectual property rights; all rights not expressly granted to the user remain reserved by MLS. Content available for download is always marked as such.
4. To use the services offered by MLS you have to fulfill certain technical requirements that are not part of the services offered by MLS (in particular you need to have a computer with internet access and software that is required for the use of our services (e.g. internet browser, Flash plugins, etc.)).
IV. Utilization of Educational Content Requiring Payment
1. With regards to payments on MLS Platforms, we offer the payment method credit card to all customers.
2. If you pay with credit card, the debit of your account will be applied after completion of your order.
3. If you make a payment on MLS Platforms, a contract for a service is formed. At the moment we offer two types of services that require payments:
4. Subscription for paid content;
5. Direct payment.
6. By claiming the type (1.) services (subscription), you purchase the access to the content against a subscription fee which has to be paid in the agreed upon cycle (e.g. monthly, semi annually, annually), as long as you have not cancelled the subscription within the period agreed upon. By claiming the type (2.) services (direct payment), you purchase the right to use the content within the agreed upon period. The prices and time periods applicable are those indicated at the time of the transaction.
7. The representation of products in our online shop shall not constitute a legally binding offer, but rather a non-binding online catalogue. By clicking on the “Submit Order” button, you are placing a binding order for the items contained in the subscription package. The confirmation of receipt of the order and acceptance of the order follows immediately after the placement through an automated e-mail. For new customers without an existing MLS account: with the confirmation of your e-mail address by clicking on the confirmation link in the confirmation e-mail, the registration is completed and the contract is concluded.
8. MLS can remove content from the platform at any time. Offers for using the content are subject to change and non-binding. There is no claim for the continuous and permanent availability of all MLS content provided at a certain moment in time and therefore no claim for all content available at the beginning of a subscription being available for the entire period. Should there be several user options on offer (e.g. basic, premium or other options), the differences at conclusion of the contract are clearly marked and constitute a part of the contract with you. Any user rights include only you (if not explicitly agreed otherwise with MLS in writing, e.g. mass licenses). A transfer of the access details to third parties or the joint use with third parties, who have not purchased access, is not permitted.
9. By using content requiring payment, you form a contract with MLS. All payment procedures are processed by MLS or a third party with which MLS is working for the purpose of handling the payment transactions (at the moment e.g. Uscreen, Strip, PayPal, Braintree).
10. MLS has the right to charge user fees for additional services at a future time or charge for services previously available free of charge. You still have the right to decide whether you want to use services that require payment after such changes or not.
11. During a transaction we store the wording of a contract and send you the order details and terms and conditions via e-mail. The terms and conditions can also be accessed anytime on this page. Your order details are no longer accessible via the internet for security reasons.
V. User Obligations
1. You are obliged to keep your access details (username, password) secret and not to enable access to your account through third parties. Your user account cannot be transferred to third parties. Specifically, it is expressly forbidden to give third parties access to your user account and the services of MLS to avoid potential fee payments. You are obliged to inform MLS immediately if there are any indication for the abuse of your user account or when you receive the information that a third party has gained access to your account details without authority.
2. You are obliged, when using MLS Platforms, to abide by the law and statutory provisions. Especially you are not allowed to publish or make accessible any content, material or information on MLS Platforms that breaches legal regulations and/or these terms and conditions. Especially the duplication, publishing and distribution (including via radio, TV or the internet) of MLS content (videos, downloads, other provided material), no matter in what form, is expressly forbidden. No copyright of any kind is transferred to you.
3. You are not allowed, no matter in what way, to misuse the services. Misuse is present for example in the following cases:
4. Use that goes beyond the personal purposes specified in the contract, especially use that requires the granting, transfer or exercise of copyrights;
5. Publication or distribution of pornographic, obscene, sexist, defamatory, slanderous, insulting, threatening, seditious, or racist content, information, software or other material;
6. Any kind of advertising for products or services, including the use of data for dissemination of advertising, as long as MLS has not explicitly given its written consent in advance;
7. Commercial use of the services offered by MLS, without MLS having given consent for commercial use in advance (e.g. indication of value adding service numbers or hyperlinks for internet offers requiring payment);
8. Engaging in any activity that affects or could affect the functionality of services offered by MLS (for example through use of “robot”, “spider” or “offline reader” software to create automatic user requests via the internet; e-mail bombing; denial of service attacks; incorporation of harmful components like viruses, worms, Trojan horses etc.);
9. Modification or distribution of elements of the offering, including elements by other users, that have not explicitly been made available to the user;
10. Each use of the user feedback system that goes against the purpose of the feedback system. This especially implies the release of untrue or unjustified ratings, which e.g. are in no relation to the use and quality of the offered content or the service as such;
11. Publication of contributions and information with deceptive and/or untruthful content.
VI. Rights to User Content
1. If you publish comments, revision notes, tags or similar material on MLS Platforms (“user content” in the sense of Sec. I Para. 5), the rights remain with you to the degree possible. You only grant us rights to the extent needed in order to publish this user content according to intended purpose as part of our services and to make it available publicly.
2. You can remove user content published by yourself at any time. You can also send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the request to remove certain user content. We attempt to execute such requests within 14 days of receipt. With the removal any usage rights of the content granted to us according to the above Para. 1 are voided.
VII. Responsibility for User Content
For the responsibility of user content Sec. III in the terms and conditions applies.
VIII. Liability of MLS
1. MLS only assumes liability according to the following liability rules.
2. Towards companies, MLS is only liable for claims if MLS's legal agents, executive employees or any other executive assistants (auxiliary persons) have acted with intention or gross negligence, except for the case of breach of fundamental contractual obligations. In the case of breach of material contractual obligations, MLS is liable for negligence of its legal agents, executive employees or any other persons employed in performing an obligation.
3. Towards consumers, MLS is only liable for damages in the case of intention and gross negligence. In the case of breach of material contractual obligations, MLS is liable for each culpable conduct.
4. In the case of damages to assets or wealth caused by slight negligence, MLS provides indemnity in case of material breach of contract conditions. In such a case the liability for damage is limited to the amount foreseeable and typical for this type of contract at the time of the conclusion of the contract.
5. Material contract obligations as aforementioned are duties which are fundamental for the due fulfillment and the observation of which the contractual partners can have justified trust in.
6. The aforementioned liability exclusions and limitations of liability towards business clients or consumers do not come into force in the case of explicit warranties declared by MLS; in the case of willful misrepresentation and damage to life, body or health as well as obligatory legal regulations (e.g. claims under the Product Liability Act).
7. Liability for data loss on your end will only be assumed under previously mentioned provisions.
8. MLS shall not - except for the previous rules – be liable for the correctness, quality, completeness, reliability, nature or kind of information and content on its website or third party websites that are linked to from or mentioned on MLS Platforms. Content that is no specifically marked as created by MLS itself belongs to the users. They do not reflect MLS’s opinion and are not reviewed and controlled by MLS. Liability claims against MLS which arise from physical or immaterial damage caused by the use or non-use of the offered information or through the use of erroneous and incomplete information exist only under the above provisions.
9. Any further liability is excluded.
10. The above liability exclusions apply both to contractual as well as to non-contractual claims. They also apply to employees of MLS.
IX. Terms of the Usage Agreement, Removal of Content and Use Exclusions
1. The Usage Agreement is made for an indefinite period. Routine notice of termination may be given by either party within a period of three months towards the end of the month without giving reasons for cancellation, yet at the earliest with the expiration of a free or paid course or with the use of any other of MLS services. In all events, notice terminating the Usage Agreement must be given via e-mail to email@example.com or in written form to MLS.
2. If you use a paid service offered by MLS (e.g. in the context of a subscription), the contract duration and period of notice for the utilization of the services result from the price and service list valid at the moment of the conclusion of contract.
4. The service offering is in the discretion of MLS; all offers are non-binding and subject to change. MLS reserves the rights to change, add or delete – without giving reason – the content partly or completely or to stop the services temporarily or completely. In particular, MLS reserves the rights to limit the data storage made available for single services and/or the data transfer volume, as long as this doesn’t discriminate you contrary to the principle of good faith and trust. In case of dismissal of services already paid for that MLS has not fulfilled at the time of the dismissal, the services are refunded.
6. MLS also reserves the right to block your access without giving reasons if you haven’t used our services for a longer period of time and if the access is free of charge for you. In such a case, you can request a new access or register again.
7. You have the right to delete your user account at any time without having to give reasons. To do so you must send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The removal will then be implemented as soon as possible. If you wish for your personal data that was stored by MLS to be removed, you must send another e-mail to email@example.com. An account removal does not release you from your contractual payment obligations.
X. Changes to the Terms and Conditions
1. Basis for the usage agreement are the terms and conditions of the website during the registration of the user. MLS reserves the right to make subsequent changes to these terms and conditions, as long as this seems necessary and as long as this does not cause you significant and insufferable disadvantages that are contrary to the principle of good faith and trust.
3. You will be notified in written form or electronically with a minimum of 4 weeks notice about any changes or additions to the terms and conditions. The changes or additions will become an effective part of the contract if you do not object within six weeks of the announcement and/or if you continue using any of MLS services that require registration after such time. If the user should object to the modifications, either party shall have the right to terminate the contract in accordance with the provisions for termination valid before the modifications. When announcing the modifications, MLS shall explicitly notify the user about his right to object and the consequences thereof.
XI. Other Provisions
1. Individual deviations and agreements with single users about changes and additions to the terms and conditions – including the waiver of form requirement – and all its components require a written form and the explicit mention that such agreements are changes or additions made to these terms and conditions. This also applies to possibly contradicting conditions of contract of a user.
2. Should any or several provisions of this agreement be ineffective, the effectiveness of the agreement as a whole and the effectiveness of the other provisions shall remain unaffected. The ineffective or unfeasible provision shall, insofar as legally permissible, be deemed to be replaced by a legally effective provision which corresponds as closely as possible to the commercial intent and purpose of the ineffective provision. The same is valid for possible omissions in regulations.
3. The terms and conditions are subject to the law of Denmark, with the exclusion of UN purchasing law.
4. If MLS waives the execution of these terms and conditions in particular cases, this does not imply a modification of the terms and conditions as such.
5. If the customer is a merchant, a legal entity under public law or public-law special funds or without legal venue in Denmark, the legal venue for any disputes under this contract shall be Copenhagen.
6. The European Commission has provided an internet platform for online dispute resolution (the so-called ODR-platform). On this website, users will be able to reach out-of-court settlements with regard to contractual obligations that resulted from online sales agreements. The ODR-platform is available at http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/.
MLS would like to inform you in this privacy statement about the type, scope and purpose of personal data collection, processing and use upon use of MLs Platforms and sub-domains and of the services offered on such websites (e.g. apps). MLS is trustworthy and the protection of your personal data is very important. This is why MLS would like to show you in a transparent way how and why your data are being used. MLS would like to offer you user-friendly, good, customer oriented and secure services by storing, processing and using personal data. MLS also complies with U.S. laws, including the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (“FERPA”), where applicable, which provide privacy protections for personal data.
§ 1 Definitions
“personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“data subject” or “you”); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person;
“controller” means the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data; where the purposes and means of such processing are determined by Union or Member State law, the controller or the specific criteria for its nomination may be provided for by Union or Member State law;
“processor” means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which processes personal data on behalf of the controller;
“third party” means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than the data subject, controller, processor and persons who, under the direct authority of the controller or processor, are authorised to process personal data;
§ 2 Name and contact data of the controller
The following party is responsible within the meaning of EU-GDPR and other applicable data protection laws of the European Union and its member states:
Manan Learning Solutions ApS
(“MLS”, “we” or “us”)
Telephone: +45 70 70 76 20
§ 3 Name and contact data of the data protection officer
The data protection officer of the controller for data processing is:
Mr. Shahid Q. Manan
Manan Learning Solutions ApS
(“data protection officer”)
Any person concerned may contact the data protection officer directly at any time to email firstname.lastname@example.org if he/she has any questions or suggestions regarding data protection.
§ 4 Purpose and legal basis of data processing
MLS operates platforms that records online courses for students and professionals in cooperation with experts and makes them available via browser and mobile apps. The services of MLS are generally time and location-independent. Various data relating to your member account are collected, stored, processed and used depending on the extent to which you use the services offered by us.
Collection of general data and information
Specific data transmitted by your browser when visiting MLS Platforms are stored automatically by our servers. The log files created thereby include data like your IP address, the URL and landing page, the time, type and number of requests, data volume transferred, date, time and duration of individual accesses, your browser type as well as other similar information that serve as emergency response in the case of attacks on our IT systems and as protection against license abuse.
The collection and use of the information stored in the log files only serves to correctly deliver the contents of MLS Platforms, for anonymous evaluations for statistical purposes (like analyzing the user behavior), to improve our services and to provide law enforcement authorities information necessary for prosecution in the case of cyber attacks. These data are not used to draw conclusions about a person concerned.
Data and information provided by the use
Monitoring of learning progress
Our system collects data about your personal user behavior, such as your learning progress, viewed videos and answered quiz questions or similar activities in order to provide you with optimal support while learning. These may be viewed depending on the implementation of the administrators of your employer or your university / educational institution. Data regarding your learning progress are not passed on to unauthorized third parties under any circumstances.
Educator’s learning content
Learning content uploaded and created by using services provided by MLS – such as videos, screencasts, quiz questions, documents and similar educational content (“educational content”) – is only available to users within the same organization in which they were created or submitted and to which they have been allocated.
§ 5 Recipient of personal data
Additional processors and third parties are necessary for the delivery of MLS service. These receive, inter alia, personal data. These services and the purposes for which the data are submitted to them are listed in the following paragraphs. Apart from this, only specific employees from MLS have access to personal data when this is required for delivering a service.
§ 6 User account and registration
We store and use data provided by you when subscribing to or using MLS services, such as when opening a member account, for the purpose of performing the services you would like to use according to contract. These data include email address, password, name, title as well as other information (such as age, sex, location, final degree, etc.) that you submit when setting up a member account. If you have submitted on this occasion a high school email address also, it will be used for the sole purpose of verifying if you attend that specific school or educational institute.
§ 7 Payment service
If you want to provide fee-based services on MLS Platforms, you will have to additionally submit bank, credit card or other payment processing data and your address as well as other information during the ordering process. Of course, we will handle all information submitted by you in accordance with legal requirements and within the framework of the collaboration agreed upon. Payment processing data will be forwarded to processors within the framework of the statutory provisions in order to be able to process the payment. We will not store your credit card data. The personal data provided by you and relevant for the payment processing are subject to the security and data protection regulations of the following services:
PayPal (Europe) S.a.r.l. et Cie, S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal, 2449 Luxemburg, Luxemburg (“PayPal”).
Braintree Inc., 222 W Merchandise Mart Plaza, Suite 800, Chicago, IL 60654, USA (“Braintree”).
Stripe Inc., 185 Berry Street, Suite 550, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA (“Stripe”).
Braintree, Stripe and PayPal are PCI DSS certified and therefore meet the most stringent requirements for safe handling and storage of credit card data.
You will find more information about the security of your personal data with regard to credit card payments on https://www.braintreepayments.com/en-dk/features/data-security and https://stripe.com/dk/legal.
§ 8 Cookies
We use so-called cookies on our websites. These are small text information that is stored on your computer. Cookies enable us to speed up the navigation on our website, to adapt it to your needs and interests and to avoid the misuse of our services. Our server may thus identify your computer as soon as you connect to our website, so that you do not have to log in every time you visit our website. We use so-called permanent cookies on our websites. These enable us to preserve and provide your personal settings or displays over a longer period (depending on each service) within the context of the service. Permanent cookies are deleted automatically after a specified duration that may be different for each cookie. You may delete the cookies at any time in the security settings of your browser. You can configure your browser settings according to your wishes and refuse to accept cookies. But please note that you may not be able to use all functions of the website in this case.
§ 9 Web analytics and social plugins
Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
MLS Platforms use Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”). Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager also use so-called “cookies”, text files that are stored on your computer and enable an analysis of your use of our website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of our website is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there.
We have activated IP anonymisation, so that your IP address will be previously shortened by Google within member states of the European Union or in other contractual states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Your full IP address will be transferred to a Google server in the USA and shortened there only in exceptional cases. Google will use this information on our behalf in order to evaluate the use of the website, to compile reports on website activities and to provide other services associated with website use and internet us on our behalf.
The IP address transmitted by your browser within the scope of Google Analytics will not be merged with other data from Google.
You may prevent the storage of cookies by setting your browser accordingly; but please note, that you may not be able to use all functions of the website to the full extent in this case. You can also prevent Google to process and collect data generated by the cookie with regard to your use of our website (incl. your IP address) by using the following link to download and install the browser plugin for deactivation: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
You will find more information about the date protection regulation of Google Analytics on: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245
We use various services in order to make the internet offer more interesting for you. This advertising function enables us to show users who have already visited our website and were interested in our offer, targeted, personalized and interest-related advertisements on other websites, such as in Google Display net. The advertisement is inserted by using cookies that help us analyze the user behavior when visiting our website and may be subsequently used for targeted product recommendations and interest-based advertising. The personal data are not stored and user profiles with personal data are also not created.
The following remarketing services are used on our website:
Google Adwords (“Google Adwords”) from Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”). You can object to the use of the corresponding cookies in the advertisement manager https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated?hl=en. You will find the data protection regulation of Google here: https://www.google.com/intl/policies/policies/privacy/
Social plugins (Facebook, Google+ and Twitter)
So-called social plugins (“plugins”) of the social networks Facebook, Google+ and of the micro blogging service Twitter are used on our website. These services are provided by the following companies (“providers”): Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA (“Facebook”), Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google” or “Google+”) and Twitter Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA (“Twitter”).
You can find an overview of the plugins from Facebook and their appearance here:
You can find an overview of the plugins from Google and their appearance here:
You can find an overview of the Twitter buttons and their appearance here:
Your browser will establish a direct connection with the servers of Facebook, Google or Twitter when opening a page of our advertising presence that contains such plugins. The respective provider transmits the content of the plugin directly to the browser and integrates it in the page. By integrating the plugin, the providers receive the information that your browser has opened the respective page of our advertising presence, even if you don’t have a profile or are not logged in. This information (including your IP address) is transmitted directly by your browser to a server of the respective provider in the USA and stored there.
If you are logged in on one of the services, the provider may directly associate the visit on our webpage with your profile on Facebook, Google+ or Twitter. If you interact with the plugins, for example by clicking the “Like”, “+1” or “Twitter” button, the corresponding information will also be transmitted directly to a server of the provider and stored there. The information will also be shared with your contacts on the social network or your twitter account.
You will find more information about the purpose and extent of data collection and further processing and use of the data by providers as well as your rights and settings available to protect your privacy in the data protection notice of the providers.
Data protection notice of Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/policy.php
Data protection notice of Google: https://developers.google.com/...buttons-policy
Data protection notice of Twitter: https://twitter.com/en/privacy
If you don’t want Google, Facebook or Twitter to directly associate the data collected via our advertising presence with your profile in the respective service, you will have to log out from the corresponding service before visiting our webpage. You can also completely prevent loading the plugins through add-ons for your browser, such as the script blocker “NoScript” (https://noscript.net/).
MLS Platforms also use services of third-party provider UscreenTV, LLC. 1875 Connecticut Ave, 10th Floor, Washington DC 20007. By using MLs Platforms, you agree to the processing of the data collected by Uscreen.
§ 10 App analytics and push messages
You have the possibility to activate the option “push messages” when you use our apps via a push-capable device. We use push messages in order to help you get started by sending useful tips to your device and informing you about the latest course releases and specific content as well as occasional discount campaigns and similar content based on your learning progress. You can revoke your consent to receive messages at any time by changing your device settings. Push messages are sent via a service of Mixpanel Inc., 405 Howard Street, Floor 2, San Francisco, CA 94105, USA (“Mixpanel”).
We also us an analysis tool from Mixpanel in our apps in order to collect user data from the iOS and Android app and better understand how users interact with their apps. Mixpanel is used to retrace and improve activities within the app, such as the navigation between courses or app logouts. These non-personal data are stored on Mixpanel servers in the USA. You can find further information in the privacy statement of Mixpanel: https://mixpanel.com/privacy/.
§ 11 Newsletter
You have the possibility to subscribe to our newsletter. The submission of your email address is necessary for this purpose. We use MailChimp® , a service provided by The Rocket Science Group, LLC, 675 Ponce de Leon Ave NE, Suite 5000, Atlanta, GA 30308 USA, to send our newsletter. After subscription to our newsletter, you will receive an email where you will be asked for confirmation. When registering for the newsletter, we will store your IP address and the date of registration. This storing only serves as proof in the case that a third party misuses an email address and subscribes to the newsletter without the knowledge of the party concerned.
A so-called tracking pixel is used upon opening a newsletter. The following data are stored thereby: email address, newsletter, opening date and time. The links in our newsletters contain tracking information that enables us to determine which links were of interest to you if you have clicked them. The following data are stored in MailChimp via the tracking link: email address, newsletter, link, date and time.
You can revoke your approval to receive newsletters at the email address specified by you at any time for the future by sending an email to email@example.com.
§ 12 Duration during which personal data are stored
The duration of personal data storage is based upon the legal storage period and the personal data are routinely deleted after the expiry of this period or immediately after termination of the membership of MLS or at an earlier date upon request of a person concerned, insofar as the data are not required to fulfill or initiate a contract. The following data are stored beyond termination of contract for so long as they are required for a specific purpose:
• offer data: 1 year (after feedback from the client),
• contract documents: 10 years,
• IP data: 3 years (regular limitation period)
• legal matters: 6 years
• claims: 10 years
In order to terminate your membership, please contact our customer service by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
§ 13 Rights of the data subject
You have as person concerned the following rights:
• right of access by the data subject
• right to rectification or erasure as well as restriction of data processing
• right to object to data processing
• right to data portability
• right of appeal before supervisory authoritie
If you want to exercise any of these rights, please contact our data protection officer or our customer service by sending an email to email@example.com. We reserve the right to charge an appropriate fee on the basis of administrative costs in the case of unusually common requests of individual persons.
§ 14 Transfer of personal data to third parties
We collaborate with specific external service providers in order to process your data, for IT hosting services also. We guarantee that the data are transferred with due regard to the applicable data protection provisions. If these service providers are located in a country outside the EU or EEA, we inform them about these provisions in conjunction with the respective functions. These data are also processed in compliance with the prevailing legal norms.
§ 15 Sweepstakes
Separate conditions apply to the collection and processing of personal data when taking part in sweepstakes, contest or competitions organized by us.
§ 16 Miscellaneous
If a third party registered with us by using your email address, please inform us and we will immediately delete your profile, if this is what you desire.
We reserve the right to update this privacy statement at any time in the course of improving our services and implementing new technologies. We therefore recommend that you reread this privacy statement from time to time.